ASME A112.18.1-2018/CSA B125.1-18: Plumbing Supply Fittings has been released. This binational standard, meaning that it was jointly developed and issued by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), as an American National Standard, and the Canadian Standards Association (operating as CSA Group), revises the 2012 edition of the same document.
Plumbing fittings connect different parts in a pipe system. Constructed in many different shapes and sizes, they also have many different objectives based on the actual fitting. ASME A112.181-2018/CSA B125.1-18 goes into the design guidelines for the wide scope of plumbing fittings. The standard has performance guidelines and test procedures. It also has information on markings, packaging, and installation instructions.
ASME A112.181-2018/CSA B125.1-18, alongside ASME A112.18.2/CSA B125, CSA B125.3, and ASME A112.18.6/CSA B125.6, is part of a series of standards that cover plumbing fittings. The ASME/CSA Joint Harmonization Task Group on Plumbing fittings developed this standard.
ASME A112.18.1-2018/CSA B125.1-18 applies to numerous supply fittings and accessories situated between the supply stop and terminal fitting. The standard covers:
- automatic compensating valves for individual wall-mounted showering systems
- bath and shower supply fittings
- bidet supply fittings
- commercial pre-rinse spray valves
- drinking fountain supply fittings
- humidifier supply stops
- kitchen, sink, and lavatory supply fittings
- laundry tub fittings
- lawn and sediment faucets
- low-pressure water dispensers
- metering and self-closing supply fittings
- showerheads, hand-held showers, and body sprays
- supply stops
Amongst other things, ASME A112.18.1-2018/CSA B125.1-18 does not apply to these devices:
- plumbing waste fittings
- flexible water connectors under continuous pressure
ASME A112.18.1-2018/CSA B125.1-18: Plumbing Supply Fittings is available on the ANSI Webstore.