In 2023, the American Ladder Institute (ALI) is excited to celebrate the seventh anniversary of National Ladder Safety Month.
Observed annually in March and spearheaded by the American Ladder Institute, National Ladder Safety Month is the only program dedicated exclusively to promoting ladder safety at home and work. Throughout the month, individuals and organizations nationwide are coming together to promote ladder safety and decrease the number of ladder-related incidents.
ALI is the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved developer of ladder safety Standards and believes ladder accidents are preventable with thorough safety planning, training, and continuous innovation in product design. The more people, organizations, and businesses get involved, the wider the message spreads, and the more people learn about proper ladder safety.
In March 2023, education and promotion will focus on the following topics:
- Week One: Choosing Your Ladder
- Week Two: Safety Before the First Step (Inspection and Set Up)
- Week Three: Safety While Climbing
- Week Four: Safety at the Top
How you can put ladder safety in your hands and participate this month:
- Access the National Ladder Safety Month 2023 Marketing Kit for sample emails, social media posts, and more to help you spread the word.
- Download and share infographics and flyers that outline safety best practices.
- Register for the 2023 webinar series sponsored by Werner and Louisville Ladder.
- Encourage employees to earn their Ladder Safety Certificate through ALI’s Ladder Safety Training website.
- Contribute to the conversation on social media: #LadderSafetyMonth.
- Include information about National Ladder Safety Month and your involvement in employee/customer newsletters and emails.
- Host a ladder training event.
Our voice is stronger together, and with your help, we can share the National Ladder Safety Month message with millions of people.
Contributing Author: American Ladder Institute (ALI)
ALI is the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved developer of ladder safety Standards. Standards are technical specifications, developed and tested by subject experts, which prescribe rules governing the safety construction, design, testing, care, and use of various types of ladders.